- FDA OKs First Diagnostic Test for Prosthetic Joint Infections
The Synovasure Lateral Flow Test Kit is intended as an aid to determine whether there an infection is present in synovial fluid, but does not identify a specific type of infection.
24 May 2019 19:14:37> <>
- FDA Issues Class l Recall of Three Blood Test Analyzers
The agency alerted hospitals, labs, and other providers after recurring complaints of inaccurate platelet counts with three Beckman Coulter models. More than 2000 labs in the US may be affected.
23 May 2019 23:49:30> <>
- Half of US States Now Report Measles Cases
With Maine reporting its first confirmed case of measles on May 20, half of US states have now been hit with the highly contagious infection.
Medscape Medical News
23 May 2019 23:25:07> <>
- FDA Clears First Zika Blood Test for Routine Use
The ZIKV Detect 2.0 IgM Capture ELISA had previously been authorized only for emergency use under the FDA's emergency use authorization authority.
23 May 2019 23:10:26> <>
- FDA Clears Assays for Extragenital Chlamydia/Gonorrhea Testing
The Aptima Combo 2 Assay and the Xpert CT/NG are the first tests cleared for diagnostic testing for Chlamydia and gonorrhea via throat and rectal samples.
23 May 2019 21:43:18> <>
- Hepatitis A: Breaking Out All Over
Every encounter with those at risk is an opportunity to vaccinate against hepatitis A.
CDC Expert Commentary
21 May 2019 16:10:45> <>
- Can HPV Vaccination Provide Herd Protection?
Can improved pickup of the HPV vaccine provide protection even to those who are unvaccinated? A new study says yes.
20 May 2019 18:27:00> <>
- EU Panel Backs Market Withdrawal of Fenspiride Due to Heart Risk
The European Medicines Agency's Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee recommended revoking marketing authorizations for fenspiride medicines, preventing them from being marketed in the EU.
17 May 2019 23:47:56> <>
- Guidelines Nix Annual TB Testing for Most Healthcare Workers
Healthcare workers should be tested for tuberculosis when they are hired and should be retested only after an occupational exposure, according to new CDC guidelines.
Medscape Medical News
17 May 2019 13:52:02> <>